Explore for free with your National Lottery ticket
We're offering free entry to National Lottery players at the places we look after, from 19 to 27 March 2022. As a charity, it's our way of saying a big thank you to players for helping to raise more than £118m to protect natural and historic treasures in our care.
To enjoy this special offer, you just need to show one National Lottery ticket or scratch card per adult for free entry. Under 18s can accompany a lottery ticket holder for free as part of the group. So, whether you’re exploring a National Trust place for the first time, or you’re a lifetime member, this is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a free day out for yourself or to bring along your family and friends.
Find out how National Trust free entry works below.
Discover something new
From medieval castles and craggy countryside, to sandy shores and woodland walks - there are thousands of adventures to be had at the places we look after.
Will you discover fallow deer and outdoor play at Belton House in Lincolnshire, the giant waterwheel and apprentice house at Quarry Bank Mill in Cheshire, or Capability Brown landscapes at Sheffield Park in West Sussex?
How National Trust free entry works
- Enjoy free entry at National Trust places with a purchased National Lottery ticket from any National Lottery game.
- You will need to bring one National Lottery ticket or scratch card for each adult to gain free entry. Under 18s can accompany ticket holders for free.
- All National Lottery games, including National Lottery draw-based games, Instant Win Games, and National Lottery scratch cards, purchased in-store and online or via the app, can be used.
- Please show your National Lottery ticket to the team when you arrive. The draw and purchase date on the ticket is not relevant. Both hard copy and digital tickets will be accepted.
- Children 5 years of age and younger get in free to all the places in our care as standard.
- This offer is valid at many National Trust places from 19 - 27 March 2022 only.
- Not all places are able to participate, or are only able to take part for a few days of the Open Week. Please check before you travel.
- At some places, you may be required to pre-book your visit.
- Car parking charges may apply.
- This promotion may not be valid for ticketed events and is not valid for events where a separate charge applies. Separate tickets should be booked and purchased if you would like to attend during your free visit.
- The National Trust has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of venues reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances.
Places you've helped
Every day we welcome thousands of visitors who share our passion for experiencing the great outdoors, marvelling at a masterpiece or nurturing our wildlife. To ensure that this is something future generations can enjoy requires significant funding. Since 1994, National Lottery funding has been supporting vital projects around the country.