Free will writing
We’ve partnered with a number of services to help our supporters write or amend free wills online, over the phone or face-to-face. Read on to find out more and discover which free will writing option is right for you.
Whilst there's absolutely no obligation, we hope you’ll consider leaving a legacy to the National Trust to help look after our nation’s most beautiful and precious landscapes, for the benefit of everyone.
It's Free Wills Month
We've partnered with Free Wills Month, which means that from 1-31 March 2022, you can create or amend a simple will for free, if you're 55 or over.
Free Wills Month brings together a number of different charities to offer this service to their supporters, and will help you to get in touch with a participating solicitor in select UK locations to draw up a simple will or update one for free. While there's no obligation to leave a gift to the National Trust, gifts in wills are used right at the heart of our work, so we hope you'll consider supporting our work in this way.
Please note that spaces are limited and allocated on a first-come, first served basis, but there are plenty of other ways our supporters can have a will made or updated for free if you miss out.
Free wills online
Bequeathed offers a simple way to create a free will online from the comfort of your own home. Using Bequeathed is quick and easy, and it means that you can make your will at a time and pace that suits you. All you need to do is:
- Visit the Bequeathed website below and follow the steps to register
- Complete the online questionnaire to create a draft of your will
- Attend a free appointment, by phone or video call, at-home or in-office, of up to 30 minutes with an accredited legal firm to check the will fulfils your wishes
- Once the process is complete, the legal firm will send you your will, either by post or digitally, for you to sign and have witnessed, and you can return it for secure storage at no cost to you
Free Wills Network
You can make or amend free wills face-to-face with the National Free Wills Network. This network gives you access to hundreds of solicitors across the country, to make it easier for you to tailor your will to your needs. However, spaces are limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. All you need to do is:
- Fill in the form below to let us know you’d like to use the National Free Wills Network
- We will refer you to the National Free Wills Network and they will send a pack directly to you which will contain a list of your local participating solicitors and a form
- Contact your chosen solicitor to make an appointment, take along your completed form and get your simple will written for free